I. Admission of Members
- The applicant institution should be a technical / vocational training institution, managed by a Charitable Trust / Society.
- The institution should be offering training in formal and / or non-formal / technical / vocational skills for employment in industry or / and for self-employment.
- The institution should have been in existence for at least 5 years, and have a stable infrastructure (land, building and manpower) for providing quality training, and for continuity.
- The institution should have a record of placement of the trainees in employment / self-employment.
- The institution should have at least 2 units of NCVT / SCVT recognized courses of at least 1 year duration with a minimum of 30 students throughout the year (at any point in time) or 50 students throughout the year (at any point in time) pursuing non-formal technical / vocational training, with at least 6 hours of training per student every day.
- The institutions from the hilly regions of Uttaranchal, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh of Northern Region, Central region and North East region should have been in existence and training students for 3 years and have a stable infrastructure for continuity (This clause will be valid only upto AGM 2010).
- NGOs, Diocesan Social Service Societies, Networks will not be considered for Membership. If such institutions / organizations run a training activity, only the Training Centre, with definable, distinguishable management structure, and with infrastructure for continuity, training on skills for employment / self employment of at least 50 trainees throughout the year with drawn out syllabus and curriculum, with specific courses on value education and life coping skills and with at least 6 hours of training per student every day will be eligible.
- Institutions conducting non-formal training, should offer theoretical instructions on the subject including value education and life coping skills.
- Institutions offering non-formal training should test and certify the skill and capacity of the students.
- Non-formal trainings should be of at least 6 months duration with at least 6 hours of training per day.
Admission for Associate Members / Institutions:
Only those institutions / organizations, who contribute to the vision and mission of SKIP, and who add value to SKIP in its pursuit to achieve its goals.
Admission for Associate Members / Individuals:
Eminent individuals who are professionals in Management, Education, Training and Development and:
- who contribute to the vision of SKIP
- who would add value to SKIP and
- who do not expect any return from SKIP
II. Cancellation of Membership:
- A Member / an Associate Member may at any time resign from the Society by sending a letter of resignation. Such resignation shall take effect from the date on which it is accepted by the Governing Body or on the expiry of that year, whichever is earlier.
- If any Member fails to pay subscription for three years continuously and does not attend the AGM at least once in three years or fails to attend the Regional Meeting at the region itself, the Regional Secretary shall send a notice to such Member seeking reasons for the failure to attend the meetings. If no satisfactory response is received within a reasonable time, the Member will lose membership.
- The Governing Body shall have the right to strike off the name of any defaulting Member or Associate members from the rolls of the Society.
III. General Norms:
- Membership for Institutional and Individual Associate Members would be honorary.
- The membership for all kinds of members would be on invitation.
- A full member would lose membership within 6 months of defaulting.
- Membership of all members (Full and Associate) would be reviewed every 5 years.