SKIP fosters alliances with other National and International NGOs involved in vocational training and livelihood development
- SKIP identifies institutions and agencies who are operating at the national and international levels. SKIP has a Liaison Officer placed at Delhi. The liaison office in Delhi helps in interfacing with large organisation based in Delhi.
- Contacts are established with institutions and organisations through personal visits and other mode of communications. The already established contacts of member institutions are also used for further linkages.
- SKIP invites and welcomes other relevant organisations to become Institutional Associate Member of SKIP so that it can draw their rich organisational experience and programme capacities.
- SKIP also partners with large network organizations to fulfil its objectives to address issues of common interest SKIP forms joint working committees for mutual representation and joint planning with partner organisations, SKIP undertakes the following activities:
Ø Conducting research in livelihood sector
Ø Implementing vocational training related projects at the national level
Ø Organizing seminars, / workshops/ round tables related to vocational training / livelihood development etc.
Ø SKIP Liaisons with Government Machinery such as - Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Small Scale Industries etc.
- SKIP executes
Government projects in collaboration with other institutions
- SKIP sources relevant schemes and projects in various departments like Women & Child Welfare, Youth Welfare, Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGE&T), CAPART, IAMR etc.
- SKIP represents in NCVT (National Council of Vocational Training) and other similar councils / boards to contribute in policy related decisions that are in favour of vocational training.
- SKIP establishes contacts with national institutions such as Jan Shikshan Sansthan, NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling), ICSE (Indian Certification for Secondary Education), NCERT (National Council of Educational Research & Training) to support the member institutions.
Networking with Industries and Industrial federations:
- SKIP develops rapport and establishes its credibility among various large business organisations at national and state levels,
- SKIP invites expert-consultations at the regional level and national level to discuss training requirements, placement & training opportunities, apprenticeship training, upgrading machinery / equipment and information on new technologies etc.
- SKIP has tie-ups with various developmental research institutions to get information in scaling-up its development activities.