Support Services for Employment and Self-Employment (SSES)
SKIP member institutions generally students to such a level that they should be employable. Many of them train the students to NCVT level. The employers have found a gap in skill sets from output to requirement.
This programme is designed for a period of up to 3 months for dropouts and unemployed (trained and untrained) on skill sets which will enable the trainees to be employed or self-employed.
Rules to apply for SSES
- This scheme envisages Skill training for a maximum of 3
months duration for the high school/dropout youth for
- The skill training should be a need based on the survey conducted.
- The institution should have short listed the potential employers for particular skill training.
- The candidates should not be already attending a regular course at the institution.
- The skill training should be an innovative effort.
- The members should have submitted all the reports of previous projects.
- The candidates who underwent a skill training in the earlier programme should have been helped for employment/self
- The institution
should maintain a placement register.